Birthday Ticker

Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Friday, January 2

Merry Christmas

I know this is a little late but Christmas came and went so quickly I'm just now getting around to catching up. We spent Christmas Eve with my friend Teri, her kids Faith and Drew, and her mom Jan. We had a great time and are so glad to have them as friends, and consider them family. Jackson loved all the lights and decorations at 'Aunt Teri's'. And the presents too!


Then we went home and started opening presents at our house. Jackson got a book from Grandma and Grandpa (and lots of other things) and John and Jackson got matching Nebraska Cornhusker beanbag chairs from Santa. Rumor has it that Santa is really an OU fan but he knows Christmas is about giving to others which is why, I'm sure, he brought 2 Cornhusker beanbags and not 1 Husker and 1 OU. I'll bet that was hard for Santa. :-)


By the time we opened all the gifts from the Grandmas and Grandpas Jackson was ready for bed so we decided to save the rest of Santa's loot for the next morning (Christmas day). John pointed out that we might as well not wrap Jackson's toys since we were only going to have to turn around and unwrap them for him and I totally agreed. We opened everything the next morning. Santa got me a Garmin GPS but I haven't gotten to play with it too much yet. It has an MP3 player and a language translater which is really cool.

Jackson and I headed to Nacogdoches about 11 just as he was ready for his morning nap and he slept all the way to Uncle Shawn's in Jacksonville. We stopped to visit and refuel then headed to Grammy's. Jackson and Emily got to play together quite a bit. Playing = Jackson trying to pull Emily's hair and Emily saying "no, no baby Jackson". For those who don't know Emily is my brother Benjamin's daughter and will be 2 in January. I have a cute video of them I'll try to upload tomorrow but here is a cute picture of them. There is that goofy smile again.... And I'm sure everyone has noticed this and just didn't want to point it out to me out of politeness but look at the size of my kid's melon! Emily is almost 2 and Jackson is only 10 months. His head is twice the size of hers!!!













0 comments: