Birthday Ticker

Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Wednesday, November 19

Stranger Danger

Jackson had a great day today. When I went to pick him up at Pam's she had him standing in a walker and he was loving life. That kid refuses to sit down, he wants to stand all the time. Unfortunately he can't do that on his own so we either break our backs bending over holding his hands or try to find something to stick him in. John practices walking with him every night. I think he is anxious for Jackson to walk so he can say he walked before he was a year old. Must be a guy thing.

Anyway after we left Pam's we had to take some baby things that Jackson had outgrown over to the house of a guy I work with, he and his wife are expecting a baby in the spring. Jackson was asleep when we got there but woke up while we were in the house talking. He saw me, looked around the room, then looked at Kevin, Steph and their son. All of a sudden his eyes welled up with tears and he started screaming. I took him out of his car seat and tried to calm him down but every time he looked at Kevin he started crying hysterically again. This is a kid that never cries. He does this with John's friend Mike also. Every time Mike looks at him, he bursts into tears. Now both of these guys he has been around before. Mike has come over to watch football and Kevin held him when I've took him up to my office so we don't know what's going on. The only thing we can figure is he's starting to feel a little stranger danger. I guess it's normal but I always feel so bad when it happens.

Jackson whimpered all the way home but recovered quickly when I took him in the house and he saw himself in the mirror. That usually does the trick. He ate like a champ, we played on the floor and he even managed to give me a fat lip with a good head butt. I'll look like Angelina Jolie for a couple days....unfortunately only on the right side of my mouth!

1 comments:

mandy said...

Yeah I am so glad you have a blog now!!! Can't wait to hear about all the fun and new things Jackson is doing! See you Sunday!