Birthday Ticker

Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Wednesday, December 10

9 Months Already

I can't believe Jackson is over 9 months old already. The past 9 months certainly went by faster than the 9 months before that. Today we went to the Doctor for his 9 month checkup. He tipped the scales at 21.2 lbs and 30 inches long. He's in the 50% for weight and 95% for height so looks like he definitely inherited John's height (thank you!). The only thing is his feet are really small - he's wearing 0-6 month shoes so I hope his feet catch up or he may just tip over, not mention look pretty silly.

Of course at the checkup they ask you all the normal questions about what they're eating, how they're sleeping, etc. She said she wanted him to give up the bottle by age 1 but I don't know that I'm going to stick hard and fast to that. I feel like I'm being forced to give up my little baby and I'm not ready for that. I'm sure he'll give it up before he goes to kindergarten and that's good enough for me.

So then she asked us about all the other stuff he is doing. She asked if he was saying any words and he is. So far he says ba-ba, ball, bye-bye, mama and dada. I also got him to say uh-oh a few times the other day but have been unsuccessful since. She asked if he was crawling (oh yeah!) and pulling up (another big yes) and he's also learned to sit down. That only took about a week of him getting frustrated by being stuck in a standing position. I looked over one day and he was bending his knees and squatting down and from then on he has been able to sit himself down. Of course now it's up, down, up, down, up, down. She asked if he understood the word no and when he heard her say that he shook his head no so he answered her question. That was pretty funny. We were talking about a ball being his favorite toy and I told her John has taught him to throw a ball but she didn't believe me, but he really can. Of course it isn't much of a throw but if you roll it to him and hold your hands out he holds it up tries to throw it. No guarantee on where it will go but it's a good effort. Oh and yesterday I saw him try to clap and couldn't get him to do it again but then tonight every time I say "Yeah Jackson" when he did something he sat down and clapped for himself...too cute! So of course like all parents we think we have a genius on our hands. I told myself I would never be THAT parent but sad to say I am.

So today was a good day. We managed to leave the house on time this morning thanks to some help from John. I got so see my little man in the middle of the day. And we got to visit the doctor without getting shots. Yep, it was a very good day.

And we are so grateful to God for blessing us with such a wonderful, happy, healthy baby boy!

0 comments: