Birthday Ticker

Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Monday, December 8

Water Baby

We have been super busy the past week, as I'm sure everyone else has too with Christmas just around the corner. I tried to get some good Christmas pictures of Jackson but unfortunately he either had a runny nose in all of them or was trying to kiss his Christmas puppy so none turned out good yet but I'll keep trying for that special one to send out with the Christmas cards. I did think this one was pretty cute.


Friday night John and I went to my Company Christmas party and Jackson stayed with our friends in Azle, Ron and Tracy. I called to check on him about 9 and all I heard was laughing and squealing so I know he was having a good time. We picked him up around noon and he must have just been completely worn out from playing with Tracy because he laid down for a nap at 3:30 and I finally woke him up at 6:30. He ate and played a little but then went right back to bed at 8. Next time he quits sleeping through the night I know where to send him!

My feelings weren't too hurt that he went to bed at 8 though since my Sooners played for the Big 12 Championship Saturday night and the game started at 8. (they won and set an NCAA record for the most consecutive games scoring over 60 points!) Tune in to watch them (probably get beat) when they play Florida for the National Championship on January 8th.

Anyway to my point of this post......Jackson absolutely loves to take a bath. He loved being in the pool last summer and I'm sure he will be even more excited next summer when he's a little older. He never has seems scared of the water and if you give him a cup he will fill it and drink the bath water. Of course he has no self control and dumps the entire cup down his throat so we don't let him do that anymore. Now he will get on his hands and knees and put his face in the water and lap the water up like a dog. Seriously we do give him water and milk to drink but you would think the kid never gets enough to drink. He also does the funniest thing when the water is running. He will try to grab the water with his fingers and put it in his mouth, then every once in a while put his tongue under the running water to try to get some on his tongue. It's so funny...if you have ever watched a cat try to lap water from a running faucet, that is what he looks like. I left the camera in the bathroom for several days to try to get video of this which of course then he stopped doing it and just kept giving me the goofy I know you're taking my picture smile. I do love this picture though since it's the only good one I have where you can see his little bottom teeth.


Anyway, finally I got a short video of him doing the drinking from the faucet thing although it's sort of hard to tell. Watch his mouth, you can see even though he's not close to the running water he's trying to lap it up. I didn't get a shot of it in this video but sometimes he will just stick his mouth right under the faucet and drink. I'm sure he'll be drinking from the hose this summer!

0 comments: