Birthday Ticker

Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Monday, December 1

Getting Ready for Christmas

Well with Thanksgiving over, it was time to break out the Christmas decorations. In an effort to keep Jackson from bringing down the tree we put it back in the corner by the couch on top of a low round table. We strung all the lights and while the boys were taking Sunday naps I hung all the ornaments. I was all ready for them to wake up and couldn't wait to see Jackson's big smile and eyes full of wonder at all the lights. Baby's first Christmas - it's supposed to be a magical moment right?

What I didn't expect was his reaction. For whatever reason he is scared to death of the tree. Not the ornaments. I got him to touch one of those but he will absolutely not touch the branches of the tree, and every time I try to coax him into touching it he starts crying. We were a little disappointed in his reaction but after thinking it over for a while, maybe it's not such a bad thing that he doesn't want to touch it????

While picking up more decorations I couldn't resist this little puppy that sings Christmas carols. Jackson loves dogs and frankly John and I are tired or crawling around on the floor barking so I thought this would be the perfect little surprise. As you can see from the video, he seems to like it. Then just like he does with all his favorite toys he takes it down for a little lip lock at the end.


0 comments: